Crazy Writing Week & Why I Decided to Start A Blog


 

So here I am again, sitting in front of my computer and... writing! Not writing for school, not writing because I have to, but writing because I want to! This is a huge step for me! In the past, I have written only when I had an "amazing" idea for a new story, or when I had a great recipe I wanted to share on my blog. 

This week, I was inspired to start a new blog, start a new novel, and work on them almost every day. How, you ask? I was a part of CWW for the first time. 

CWW stands for Crazy Writing Week, an online, week-long challenge that runs a couple times a year. The purpose is to help teens focus on their writing and learn more about how to become an author. When you join, you are automatically sorted into one of two teams. There are daily videos to watch and comment on as well as a community of fellow writers to help and encourage you in your writing. 

If you write 1000 words or more during the week, you get a star achievement which, along with the moon achievement, (which is earned by watching and commenting on the videos), enters you into the raffle for three free months of YWW.

Crazy Writing Week normally runs in January, May, and August, but this year there were only plans to run it in January. I will be sure to let everyone know if I hear anything new. In the meantime, you can join their workshop called the Young Writers Workshop (YWW), where you will get to meet some great instructors and people!

See you next week! 

-Sarah Grace

https://theyoungwriter.com/

https://crazywritingweek.com/

Comments

  1. Crazy Writing Week sounds like it was a lot of fun! Glad that you started this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CRAZY WRITING WEEK IS DA BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad we both did it this time and we're able to meet! <333 (And WAY TO GO for writing because you enjoy it!! That's SUCH a big step!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thanks so much for reading my blog Issie ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment