The Get To Know Me Tag!



Ah yes, The Get to Know Me Tag. Yay! Now, I wasn't officially tagged, but I saw this tag a couple places and I know it's blowing up around our corner of the writing world. So, I consider myself tagged (because apparently no one knows I have a blog... *cough cough*)



The Rules:

- Link back to the person who created the tag. (Savannah Grace)
- Thank the person who tagged you. (I saw this tag on Grace A.  Johnson and Vanessa Hall's websites, so I'll link to them)
- Share the tag graphic. (you can find it at the top!)
- Tag eleven bloggers (*choke* there is no way I can find that many!)


The Questions:

Vital Stats and Appearance

(pen)Name: Sarah Lawton, which is my real name. My middle name is Grace.

Nicknames: Sar, Sary, SarahBear, SarahBeara, Sallie, Salad, SarahGrace, Gracie.

Birthday: November 12th.

Hair Color and Length: My hair is medium length, it reaches just past my shoulder blades. I also have bangs. As for color, it is a light milk chocolate brown with highlights of blonde and auburn. (I love to make it sound fancy... as you can probably tell...)

Eye Color: Blue, with a hint of grey and flecks of gold.

Braces/Piercings/Tattoos: No braces, no tattoos, but I have had my ears pierced since I was eleven.

Righty or Lefty: Righty! And as a matter of fact, my brother Isaac used to be a lefty, until I tried to teach him to color when we were little and basically forced him to be right handed without meaning to. 😂

Ethnicity: Confusing. Basically Metis and English. But with Swedish, Scottish, Norwegian, Ojibwe, and a teeny bit of Dutch thrown in. 😁


Firsts:

First Novel Written: A book called the Lilac Mystery, which had maybe three chapters written? Yeah, it was bad. I was nine-ish, I think.

First Novel Completed: Um... nope.

Award for Writing: I've won a short story contest along with eleven other authors (thanks, Grace!) but no awards, per se. 

First Publication: Well, my short story Till Death Do Us Part is thiiis close to being published. 

Conference: Nope. Tons of online writing classes though, live and recorded.

Query/Pitch: Nope! Eeh.. scary. 😅 


Favorites:

Novel (that you wrote): Again, nope.

Genre: Romance, romance, romance. Christian or Amish, usually, at least clean. 

Author: So hard... but at this very moment? Janette Oke, because I'm reading her book. I'll need to make a list of my favorite authors!

Writing Music: I have a favorites playlist that I have been adding to for about three years, and I have just reached seventy songs! It's mostly Christian songs. I listen to it for everything, except when I'm finding new songs to add. I'll link it here: Sarah's Favorites Playlist I also listen to Adventures in Odyssey while writing.

Time to Write: Nighttime, whenever my siblings are asleep and I'm done with everything else. So, eight to ten PM, perhaps?

Writing Snack/Drink: Tea and trail mix. Good old Orange Pekoe with a bit of brown sugar, and almonds, chocolate chips, and raisins! 

Movie: The Greatest Showman, 2019 Little Women, older live-action Cinderella, Love Comes Softly, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, The Polar Express. (childhood fave, okay?)

Writing Memory: Umm... my fingers literally shaking as I sent in my first short story ever. 😄

Childhood Book: I loved Anne of Green Gables. But going back further... Mother May I. 😂


Currently:

Reading: Where Courage Calls by Janette Oke. SO good. 

Writing: Ten million short stories. Really. But I'm writing something that I don't know the length of... I was going to wait to share about it... but y'all can know the name, I suppose. It is called Broken Pieces. 

Listening To: My playlist, and Odyssey, as I mentioned before. I'll link my playlist again. Sarah's Favorites Playlist

Watching: America's Got Talent. 

Learning: Why not to leave some school till the summer, thinking you'll have tons of time! 🫣


Future:

Want To Be Published: Yesssss!!! 

Indie or Traditional: Indie for the foreseeable future. 

Wildest Goal: Be published traditionally! 😁



Tags: 

Issabelle Perry @ Teen Writers' Nook

Annabelle Batie @ Pen & Ink

Lydia @ Rosie's Corner

Jovey @ Jovey's Journal

Pearl @ The Homeschooled Girl

Alicia @ Organized Chaos

Bethany @ A Ruby in the Rough

And that's all I have for tags...



I hope this was fun to read, and I'll see y'all soon! 

-Sarah Grace







Comments

  1. I really enjoyed this, Sarah! And, I just got tagged for it, so I'll hopefully be sharing my answers to the questions soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad! Thank you :) Ah, how fun! Looking forward to it!

      Delete
  2. Oops, I didn't mean to leave an anonymous reply. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeee I love this, Sarah!!! I can't WAIT to read Broken Pieces someday!!! (And yay, another November birthday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you!! (yes!! when is yours?)

      Delete
    2. (My birthday is the 5th!!)

      Delete
  4. Hey, by the way, I tried to use the contact form to let you know I wanted to be put on your email list, but I don't think it sent... 😭 Or maybe it did?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it didn't :( If you give me your email I can add you.

      Delete
    2. Ok, it's sarainawriter@gmail.com

      Delete

Post a Comment