The Writerly Resolutions Tag!

 


I saw this on one of the blogs I follow, Of Blades and Thorns , and even though I wasn't tagged, I thought it would be great fun!! So without further ado: Let the Writerly Resolution Blog Tag begin! (or continue...)



Rules:

  • Include the official Writerly Resolutions banner in your post.
  • Link back to the person or persons who tagged you. If you weren't tagged, but would still like to be a part of the fun, link back to the website you found the tag on. 
  • Tag at least five bloggers who are also writers. You can tag as many as you would like!
  • Ask them five new questions about their writing goals. 


Questions:

  1. Looking back, how has my writing changed over the course of last year? Am I satisfied with my growth, or am I looking to evolve more over this year?
Goodness, how can I explain how much I have grown and changed over this past year? I suppose I've said much of this already in previous posts, but my writing life was really changed by the Crazy Writing Week. Since then, I've matured even more - starting this blog, beginning and working pretty consistently on two books, and being motivated to write. Of course, there is always more to learn. I have a feeling that I am never going to be quite satisfied with what I have completed!
         #professionalperfectionist
     
      2. What needs the most change and thereby the most attention?

          Hmm, I am tempted to say all of it. But if I had to pick two areas (who can pick just one, anyway?), I would like to work on consistency and character development. 

      3. How will I be focusing more on these aspects of my writing this year? 

         Focusing on consistency, I need to be at least touching my writing more often than I do. Focusing on character development, I need to work on making sure my characters' different voices really come        through in my work. 

     4. What impact do I want my actions to have upon the aforementioned aspects? 

         I think that by focusing on these, I will be able to write with a lot more efficiency, and be able to get my ideas out of my head and onto paper faster - before I forget them. 

     5.  Because all these questions sound like something out of a writing self-help book, it's time for a fun            one! What plot trope, character, theme, idea, etc., would I like to write about this year?

          Hmm... I would love to finish the first draft of at least one of my novels, but after that, I would like to write a book kinda along the lines of Margaret Peterson Haddix's series, The Shadow Children -                something to do with illegal children or a storyline like that. 




Questions + Tagees

 #1 For fiction writers: If you had to write a nonfiction piece, what would you write about? For nonfiction writers: If you had to write a fiction piece, what would you write about? 

 #2 What authors do you aspire to be like?

 #3 What is something you would like to learn or be a part of related to your writing? 

#4 Do you have a platform, such as a blog, social media account, etc? If not, are you planning to start one?

 #5 What kind of character do you want to try to write next?

 


I'm tagging:

Annabelle Batie  https://annabelle.batie.com/

Pearl Christine https://thehomeschooledgirl.com/

Issabelle Perry https://www.teenwritersnook.com/

Katherine Perry https://www.teenwritersnook.com/

Lydia Sherren https://lydiarsherrenhomepage.blogspot.com/


And of course, feel free to join even if you were not tagged!! Have fun, my writing friends!!

- Sarah Grace

 


Comments

  1. AAAHH THIS IS AN AWESOME TAG!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for tagging me! I can't wait to do it!! (And that's SO cool that you follow Gracie's blog as well!!!! She's a good friend of mine. :) Anyway, I LOVED reading your answers! Consistency and character development are two areas I need to work on as well in my writing. Especially consistency. Why is that so hard?? XD Wishing you the best of luck with all your goals. <33333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe no problem girl!!! (One of my friends "introduced" me to to her :) AAAH thanks!!!! Ugh yass consistency is SOOOO hard. Thanks again! *hugs*<33333333

      Delete
  2. Thank you SO MUCH for tagging me, Sarah!!!! :D :D This tag looks so much fun!!! And I loved reading your answers, girl!!!!! Consistency is something I need to work on as well, and CWW is an AMAZING writing experience, isn't it?!?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Katherine!! I thought it would be so much fun :D Awe thanks!! <333 Can't wait to read yours!! Yes, and YES!!! *hugs*

      Delete
  3. Aww, thank you so much for tagging me, Sarah! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, sorry I didn't see this till now! For some reason I'm not getting emails for your posts yet. (I'll try to figure that out...)

    Anyway, thanks for the tag!! I'll get to this ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! If you'd like to get emails for my posts, please go to the contact box on the main page and drop your email in for me. Thanks, Annabelle!! <333

      Delete

Post a Comment