Book Review: The Heart of Splendid Lake


 

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your January and staying nice and warm :)

Today I am going to be reviewing one of my all-time favorite books, The Heart of Splendid Lake by Amy Clipston. You can find out more about her and her books on her website: amyclipston.com

Amy Clipston primarily writes Amish Fiction/Romances but she has a few contemporary fiction pieces as well, which I love. Here is a synopsis of one of her contemporary works called The Heart of Splendid Lake. Published in 2021, it is one of her most recent books. The story follows Brianna, the twenty-six-year-old main character, as she faces many trials and joys. 

Brianna lives in Splendid Lake, where she has been all her life. When her father has an unexpected heart attack and dies, Brianna is forced to take over many of the hardships of running their resort - but never dreams of selling it. 

Scott Gibson lives in Charlotte and runs a real-estate business with his best friend, Brad. When he hears of a beautiful resort on Splendid Lake, he knows he has to find a way to buy it.

Follow Brianna and Scott on their journeys as they both try to save the resort, help each other, and maybe... find love. 

I would recommend this book to you if you like contemporary fiction or romance. It is geared more towards teen readers, probably from ages 13/14 up. Please let me know if you think I should do more book reviews! I am still in the first stages of getting my blog running and feedback is very much appreciated.

Comments

  1. ooooooooo The Heart of Splendid Lake sounds soooo good!! YESSSS please do more book reviews!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment